University Mail Services receives, delivers, collects, and processes all incoming and outgoing U.S. Postal Service and interdepartmental mail for all departments and offices of the University of Maryland, including the Resident Life community.
Mail Services, Severn Bldg Room 702, will be open from 7 a.m. - 12 p.m. to accept inbound US Mail and mail out payroll checks. There will be no pickup of departmental mail. Payroll checks that need to be mailed must be delivered to Mail Services before 11:45 a.m. so they can be processed for USPS mail pickup. Contact us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
U.S mail is collected throughout the day by UMD delivery drivers in building mail rooms and University Mail Services departments located throughout campus. University mail boxes are currently picked up once daily, before 1pm Monday – Friday.
- To send an item through the United States Postal Service, please provide a Postage Meter Mail Card and fill out all appropriate information on the form. Please print and attach the created form to the items you are sending.
Department Mail Service Postage Meter Card Request
- USPS Mail & Packages are delivered Monday thru Saturday once per day – Most deliveries are completed by 12pm.
- Please check with your respective ResLife staff on the distribution process of mail & packages during the University’s – Keep Terps Safe Covid protocols
- UPS, FedEx, DHL and most Amazon packages are delivered directly to Residence Halls. In the event of extended closures these packages would be delivered to Physical Distribution located at the Severn Building.
- For students living in residence halls, please ask anyone you mail or packages to use your complete campus address and include the 20742 zip to assist with proper handling by the USPS.
Inter-campus mail is collected daily by UMD delivery staff and delivered same or next business day. There are two types of inter-campus mail:
- Mail addressed to an individual: This mail should be in campus envelopes or folded to business envelope size and marked campus mail. Identify the mail with the individual’s: name, department, building and room number.
Mass distribution: Official announcements or notices for mail distribution to all departments, faculty, and staff.
Mass distributions should be coordinated through an email to email@example.com