Insurance Requirements

A Certificate of Insurance is required for all contracted services over $200K. Procurements below this threshold might still require a certificate, depending on the scope of services and impact to the campus community. The determination on insurance requirements and the level of coverage is at the discretion of the procurement officer.  

The contractor is required to secure the coverage, pay the premiums, and maintain the required insurance for the full duration of the contract. 

Types of insurance policies that may be requested by the university based on the Scope of Work include:

  • General Liability
  • Workers’ Compensation Insurance- not required for Vendors/Suppliers/Contractors who are Sole Proprietors. 
  • Unemployment Insurance -  not required for Vendors/Suppliers/Contractors who are Sole Proprietors. 
  • Property Damage Liability
  • Automobile Bodily Injury Liability
  • Food Products Liability
  • Network Security & Privacy Liability (also known as Cyber Liability)
  • Professional Liability, including errors and omissions

All notices regarding insurance coverage associated with a procurement are to be directed to the procurement officer of record for the purchase.