Copyright Clearance Services can secure needed copyright permissions for printed materials you wish to use in a customized course packet for instructional use. We have procedures in place for requesting copyright permission through the Copyright Clearance Center and direct publisher contacts. Whether all or part of your course reader utilizes copyrighted material, Copyright Clearance Services can assist you.
Complete guidance for the UMD community regarding copying of copyrighted material is available at the UMD Faculty Affairs website, including a link to a U.S. Copyright Office Guide. Additional information is available at the following websites:
- University Libraries Library Guide provides a general overview of copyright issues for University of Maryland faculty and students
- Project Nethics has information about copyright and online course materials
- Office of Student Conduct has information about reporting potential copyright infringing actions
- Office of General Counsel can provide other information about copyright (5-4945)
- Visit https://www.copyright.com/learn/about-copyright/ to learn more about copyright
For copyright clearance services please fill out the Copyright Clearance Request Form.