For answers to most questions, see the Concur Help Center.
- The university strongly encourages international business travelers to enroll in STEP
- STEP Is a free service offered by the U.S. Department of State allowing U.S. citizens and nationals traveling abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate
- Enrollment in STEP allows travelers to receive information about safety conditions in their destination country and facilitates contact from the U.S. Embassy and family/friends in an emergency
- It is the traveler's personal responsibility to ensure that travel documents are current and comply with U.S. and destination country requirements at the time of travel
- Requirements for non-U.S. citizens may differ. It is the traveler’s responsibility to determine the travel document requirements that are applicable to their situation
- U.S. Passport application and renewals: U.S. Department of State - Passport information. Passport photos can be obtained from UMD Photo Services and local providers
- Visa classifications and related information are available at UMD International Student and Scholar Services. Additional visa information: U.S. Department of State - Visas.
- Applies when travel is paid for using Federal funds - Federal employees and their dependents, consultants, contractors, grantees, and others - must use U.S. flag air carriers for U.S. Government-financed international air travel and transportation of their personal effects or property, as required by the Fly America Act
- U.S. export control laws restrict carrying certain research equipment and certain proprietary technical information (for example, on hard drives) to specified foreign locations.
- U.S. export laws restrict travel to sanctioned countries. Before visiting a sanctioned country or carrying research equipment or proprietary technical information to any foreign location, it is important to understand whether any export restrictions apply.
- Visit the UMD Export Control Office website, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (301)405-4212 for more information
- University of Maryland international business travelers will automatically be enrolled in UMD's comprehensive international health insurance. Administered by Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI), this coverage includes medical and security evacuation
- There is no charge to the traveler or the traveler's department for this insurance coverage
- See the Comprehensive International Health Insurance job aid that can be found on the Concur Help Center page.
Concur will automatically convert foreign currency to U.S. Dollars.